Melios innovative risk management application – REVARSTM (Risk Exposure Visualization and Reporting Software) has already been deployed on multiple multibillion dollar assets operating in Nigeria and West African region.
REVARS TM enables organisations to visualise and monitor from a computer or mobile device, safety critical barrier health status and vulnerability to major risks across multiple assets created by cumulative effect of failing hardware and human safeguards, thus aiding decision making on when action should be taken or delayed.
Value proposition offered by REVARSTM includes:
- Enhance asset integrity management through digitalisation and proactive identification of failing SECEs/ FLOCS and risk-based prioritisation of maintenance backlogs
- Reduced operational cost through informed and reliable data driven decision making on SECE maintenance
- Harnesses, digitalise and leverage on vast existing field data on Safety Critical Barriers (SCB) to give reliable overall vulnerability to major risks across multiple assets at a click
- Management visualisation of asset/ company vulnerability to major risks from computer and mobile devices
- Combines the cumulative effect of failing/ out of service hardware (SECE) and human (SECA) barriers to determine vulnerability to major risks
- Enables dynamic visualisation of health status of SCBs and associated components (SECEs, SECA & Functional Locations ) & their stats
Melios also develops inhouse software programs and utilise established software development organizations to enhance delivery of risk management solutions.
Specific services within our capability offerings include:
Some of the software tools we have experience in using include
- Bowtie XP – hazard and risk management tool.
- Tripod BETA – Incident Investigation tool.
- PHAST – consequence modeling software
- FLACS – CFD tool for consequence modelling.
- ANSYS FLUENT – CFD tool for consequence modelling
- FRED – consequence modeling software.
- SHEPHERD – quantitative risk assessment tool.
- PHApro – Safety workshop recording tool
Barrier Management Software Deployment for 6nos FPSO
Project involved deployment of REVaRSTM to enable dashboard visualisation of company and asset vulnerability to major risk and monitoring of Safety Critical Barrier (SCB) health status utilising data from Maintenance Management database and other sources where integrity status of Functional Locations [FLOCS) are stored.
The deployment of REVaRSTM has so far brought radical improvement in the understanding and management of major risk on Dalia asset, and has enabled the following quick wins and value addition:
- Harness numerous field data on SCB to give reliable overall major scenario exposure across multiple assets at a click
- Combines hardware (SECE) and activity (SECA) barriers to create a robust overall major scenario exposure profile
- Visualisation of dynamic health status of SCBs, SECEs, SECA & FLOCS & their stats
- Provides robust basis for management to decide when to defer maintenance on SCB or to shutdown production
Barrier Management Software Deployment
Barrier Management Software Deployment for Akpo and Egina FPSO
REVaRSTM is currently in use on Akpo and Egina and forms an integral part of SCB barrier management with very positive feedback received from asset personnel, managers, and technical safety.
Our services and solutions are streamlined into six vital offerings that deliver value across all aspect of Technical and Enterprise Risk Management, at all project phases and operational lifecycle of assets.
Technical & Process Risk Management
Risk Communication & Operationalization
Enterprise Risk Management
Asset Integrity Management and Assurance
Software Products & Solutions
287A, Corporation Drive, Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
12b Carden Place, Aberdeen, AB10 1UR